- 1 pound pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, sliced onions, etc.)
- Cornmeal or flour for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). If using a pizza stone, place it in the oven to heat up as well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness and shape. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet or pizza peel that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal or flour.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Add your desired toppings on top of the cheese.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade pizza!
Note: You can customize the toppings to your liking, and even experiment with different types of cheese or sauces.